Sunday 13 July 2008

The Dog

My dog is a very happy creature, incredibly popular everywhere I go, last night in the pub 4 separate people came over and said hello and we were only there for a pint. I think he could be a considerable asset in my quest to find places to camp, though he will also present some considerable logistical problems.

On the plus side, he is charming and friendly to all he meets and he looks like a teddy bear. People seem to instantly fall in love with him and I am sure he could melt the heart of even the sourest equestrian spinster. He is also a huge fan of camping as it means he gets to sleep in the same room as the boss and he spends loads of time outside. When it comes to territory though he makes a great guard dog and is plenty big enough to eat any ne'er do wells that happen upon us.

On the down side, I am not going to be able to leave him in the tent during the day. This means I either need to find work which will accommodate the little swine, or I need to find somewhere for him to go during the daytimes. I have a dog walking friend who would be very grateful of an extra £100 per month but it could result in a lot of travelling about and potentially increase any commute I do enormously. I reckon I am going to have to find some strategy for finding new dog sitters fairly regularly all the while I am flitting from place to place in search of a semi-permanent home.

All in all, I reckon this whole caper will make the dog ecstatic on a pretty much constant basis, he will spend his days with other dogs and his evenings in a tent. I often wish I could be the dog for a bit and him do all the organising, though we would probably end up living on the lawn of a lady whose Vizla he has recently fallen for.

No comments:

 
page counter